Notable Numbers on Spanish Speakers in the U.S.
With tens of millions of Spanish speakers in America today, the Spanish language continues to play an important role in both culture and marketing
MotionPoint, a provider of website translation solutions, recently posted this great infographic spotlighting some statistics about the Spanish-speaking population in the United States—including how they use the language, how the Hispanic market is growing, and their unique internet usage.
Here’s a sample of some statistics included in the infographic you might find informative:
- 40.5 million Spanish speakers in the United States
- 75% of U.S. Hispanics speak Spanish at home
- 95% of U.S. Hispanics believe future generations should speak Spanish
- 19% increase in Hispanic internet users in the U.S. from 2009 to 2015
- 38% increase in Spanish-dominant internet users in the U.S. from 2009 to 2015
- “For younger Hispanics, language is less crucial than messages that establish an authentic respect for their unique culture and identity”
View the MotionPoint infographic of the U.S. Spanish-speaking population here